Thursday, December 12, 2013

Our Son

I haven't blogged much since we've been here.  Josh has been doing most of the posting because he is much better at it than me so I've been  playing, napping and packing etc.  I am brought to tears as I type.  I love our new son so much.  The emotions I've experienced are very comparable to being in the hospital after having a baby.  There is pain, many emotional ups and downs, and much, much joy.  Pain knowing his caretaker is experiencing loss, pain that he could have been left abandoned and never known a family or the love of God, pain that he is confused and having to learn a new language and will always maybe feel a little bit out of place.  These emotions are coupled with unspeakable joy.  Joy that Josiah is ours forever, joy that he has a place with us not as an orphan but as our son, and joy that I can experience the blessing of being a mother of 4!!  We love him more than words can say.  He is so full of life and his laugh is contagious.  He is very very busy!  He loves touching everything and making funny noises.  His favorite form of entertainment is taking the lids on and off of different bottles and containers.  He loves peek-a-boo but we have to be careful about that game because "boo" means "no" in Chinese!  He never sits still unless he is asleep, but once he is asleep he is down for the count!  Josh is delighted to have a child that will fall asleep in his arms.  He is all boy and tough and rough at times when he is playing but always looks to make sure its ok before he tries something too crazy.  Right now he is unpacking our stuff as we pack and jumping on and off my lap so my writing is probably a little scattered.  I thought Hannah was a walking tornado when she was 1, but I think he has her beat!  (Love you Hannah bear!!) He is going to really mess up some doll houses when we get back!!  He is also very wobbly as he walks around and climbs and bumps into things on purpose.  It is taking some getting used to.  At first I thought he was going to give himself a head injury every 30 seconds but he is pretty good about catching himself just in time.  Initially I had one hand on him at all times.  Our plane ride to Guangzhou may be interesting getting him to sit still.  It will be good practice for the 13 hour plane ride home!






7 comments:

  1. You may notice the "Max and Ruby" DVD playing in the background. Josiah loves to turn it on and off and open and close the DVD player but has yet to watch anything on it :) He is much to curious about how it works to pay attention to the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this Katie. You are a good blogger ;-) ! We love your little boy and we can't wait to meet him. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this!! Praying over the rest of your journey.. The videos and pics are just too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent thoughts, Katie. Thank you for sharing this season of life with us all. You are modeling the gospel call to us and probably to many you may never even meet. We see clear answers to prayers. We miss you all and congrats on becoming a mom of 4 and a family of 6!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been showing the pictures and video to Edmund and Lavinia and they can't wait to meet Josiah! Edmund wants to tell you, "I hope that Josiah is feeling well. Is he here yet? Have a safe trip home!" We are so happy for you and rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie I am so glad to hear from you. I can't tell you how much joy it brings me to hear of your love for him and how well you guys are doing. Battle well my friend. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watch these videos over and over and over...

    ReplyDelete